I went on Pinterest the other day with one mission in mind: to find a healthy dinner. Jay’s Baking Me Crazy (Jays Baking Me Crazy) had me covered with her Cauliflower Fried Rice! This dish is sweet due to the coconut oil but savory from all the veggies. I ate a massive serving as dinner but it would also work well as a side dish. Or you could add shrimp to make it even more filling! For those who are gluten free, whole 30, or paleo- this dish is friendly to all your dietary needs.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large cauliflower, grated (Or you can be like me and buy the prepackaged at Trader Joes!)
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (I did not have this and substituted with soy sauce)
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- In a large pan, cook the onion and carrots in the coconut oil until soft. About 7-9 minutes.
- Season with salt, ginger, and garlic as it’s cooking.
- Once the carrots are tender, add the cauliflower and coconut aminos.
- Stir to evenly coat the cauliflower and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Push the mixture to one side of the pan and add the scrambled eggs. Stir until cooked, then mix in.
- Add the green onion, take off the heat, and serve.