Today I have not one, not two, but three paleo desserts to share with you all! Ok, I’m done with the cheesy salesman talk but I seriously can’t contain my excitement about these desserts. I’m a sugar addict, so one of my biggest concerns when committing to a month of paleo was how I would get my sugar fix. Luckily there are countless recipes out there. If you’re a sugar baby like myself, I got you covered.
If you look at the above picture from top left to bottom we have Chocolate Zucchini Bread (Whole Lifestyle Nutrition), No Bake Sticky Berry Bars (www.paleomg.com), and Banana Coconut Mug Cake (MsPaleo).
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup Justin’s Hazelnut Chocolate Butter Spread (think Nutella but on crack. So good, so dangerous!) you can use almond butter sweetened with 1 tbsp of maple syrup and 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (squeeze excess water out of the shredded zucchini)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp grade b maple syrup
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl combine the chocolate hazelnut butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt and blend with a hand held mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add baking soda and vinegar (will fizz up) and blend for 30 more seconds.
- Stir in shredded zucchini. If really watery, squeeze out excess water.
- Place in a lined or greased loaf pan. You can use one 5×9″ pan or 2 mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes if you have mini loaf pans and 35-50 minutes for large loaf pan. Start testing with a toothpick at 35 minutes and when it comes out clean when inserted in the center, it is done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack and serve. You can also serve warm too.
No Bake Sticky Berry Bars
- 12 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 6-8 oz blackberries
- 6-8 oz blueberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut cream concentrate
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- First make your crust. Add all ingredients for the crust to a food processor.
- Put crust ingredients in an bread pan, press down until evenly distributed.
- Now heat up a small saucepan under medium heat. Add your blackberries and blueberries, along with your maple syrup.Be sure to continuously stir so the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom or burn.
- Once you have almost a runny jam, add your melted/softened coconut cream concentrate along with cinnamon and salt.
- When all ingredients are incorporated, pour mixture on top of crust and press flat. Put in the fridge to harden for 30-45 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve!
Banana Coconut Mug Cake
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- splash vanilla
- sprinkle cinnamon
- drizzle of honey
It doesn’t get any easier than this folks! Combine all ingredients in a mug. Nuke for two minutes and voila!
I enjoyed adding a scoop of coconut cool whip to this dish. It makes you feel like you’re having cake and ice cream. And NOTHING is better than cake and ice cream, am I right?